- This event has passed.
Juneteenth 2017 Schedule – Stay Woke!
June 16, 2017 - June 18, 2017Free
It is that time of year again!
Southside Community Center is gearing up to celebrate our annual Juneteenth Festival!
This community celebration has been happening for many years and we are looking forward to continuing the tradition with a dynamic weekend full of cultural and celebratory activities for all to enjoy! This year, Juneteenth will be a weekend long event, themed “Stay Woke”.
Here’s the Weekend Schedule (use links for more details)
FRIDAY, June 16:
- Juneteenth Block Party 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Harlem Nights Dance Party (ages 25+) @ The Elks 10pm
SATURDAY, June 17th:
- Real Talk Teach-In: Workshop & Lunch: 10:30am-3pm
Website Kick-Off/Storytelling/Community & Building Tour
- Crooklyn: Outdoor Screeening: 8:30-10:30pm
- Black Out Party (ages 18+): 10:30pm-2am
SUNDAY, June 18th:
- Honoring Fathers: A Tribute to Bishop Cecil A. Malone 2-4pm